Rex Energy (NASDAQ: REXX) is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, production, exploration and development of oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids. Our strategy is focused on building shareholder value through increasing production and proven reserves within the Appalachian and Illinois regions.
Rex Energy began with a small group of investors and has grown into a publicly traded organization with world-class assets in the Appalachian and Illinois Basins. Now more than 270 employees strong, we are proud to be the only Pennsylvania-headquartered oil & gas exploration & production company actively drilling Marcellus and Utica Shale wells in Pennsylvania. We are equally proud of our assets in Southern Illinois and Indiana, where we are actively pursuing advanced technology to extend oil production in the region.
REX ENERGY History
- Rex Energy was founded in March 2007.
- In July 2007, Rex Energy became a public company via an initial public offering.
- In August 2010, Rex Energy entered into a $140 million joint venture with Sumitomo Corporation.
- In May 2012, the company sold its interests in two cryogenic gas processing plants for $120 million.
- In August 2014, Rex Energy acquired assets from Royal Dutch Shell for $120 million.
- In June 2015, Rex Energy sold its water services subsidiary, Keystone Clearwater Solutions, to American Water Works for $130 million.
- In August 2016, Rex Energy sold assets in the Illinois Basin for $40 million.
- In January 2017, Rex Energy sold assets in the Utica Shale to Antero Resources for $30 million.
Former Stock Listing
- 366 Walker Drive
- State College, PA 16801
- United States